Hi all, I'm feeling a little down and frustrated today. This whole band thing is getting a little frustrating for me. I had surgery back in Jan (3 months ago). First fill, no restriction, 2nd fill a slight difference, but not enough, 3rd fill too much, painful, so I had 1cc taken out and now I'm feeling hardly any restriction again. Can this thing really be this touchy?? or am I just doing it all wrong?? I read everyone's posts and how they ate this and it got stuck, and how they could only take a few bites of this and I can not relate at all. I mean, when I was too full, I finally felt restriction, but it was just too painful and a little scary to not be able to drink water during certain times of the day. I keep thinking to give it a little time and maybe the restriction will kick in, but it hasn't. Do I call the Dr. and schedule another fill?? He's going to think I'm nuts. I go in for a fill a week ago, call a few days later complaining it too tight and then call again for a fill. WTF!! I'm gaining weight daily it seems. Also, I'm at 8cc in my band. Everyone else seems to find restriction with much less and I feel like my band is reaching full capacity. Am I going to be the only person in bandland to be at full capacity and still eat anything I want??
Sorry for this depressing blog....maybe I'll go out shopping, that always makes me feel better.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Shopping usually makes me feel better too. I wonder why you your doc took out a full 1 cc. My first fill I got 4.5ccs. Then I went in for my second fill and got 1.5ccs. After a week of not feeling any restriction, I called back AGAIN and went in and he gave me .5ccs. That .5 made all the difference! So maybe you happy medium is somewhere less than when you couldnt swallow water, and more than where you are now. Does your doc do the fill under fluoro? My doc doesnt, except if there is a problem. Maybe you could request it. That way he can watch the fluid get stuck and slowly take out some of the fill until it goes through.
ReplyDeleteI dont know if any of that helps :(
It does help. Thanks Amy...I knew you were watching the blogs today. I've been reading your posts. I think I will call today and schedule something. My Dr. is only in the office near me twice a month, so i'll get that scheduled. Thanks for listening :)
ReplyDeleteI am always worried about upsetting people...for example I dont like to return things to a store bc I dont want the customer service people to be angry or upset with me (therapy here I come), so I have to remind myself it's okay if my doctor thinks I am annoying...I am not paying him (or my insurance) to guage how annoying or crazy I am...but to help me on this journey. Luckily...he hasnt indicated he is annoyed yet. So dont worry about that!
ReplyDelete