I have always failed at diets and one thing I always notice is I loose a little weight and feel really good about myself and feel like I'm starting to look good and then I start to over indulge and actually sabatoge my diets. I still struggle with that mentality. The last couple of weeks, I haven't been weighing everyday. The true reason why I haven't is because I feel bloated and think I've gained weight and just don't want to face it. In reality, I shouldn't weigh daily and I know this. Anyway, so I'll be feeling fat and like a failure and don't want to face it and I think I must eat better feeling that I need to. When I weigh in and loose, I feel very proud of myself and I find myself splurging a bit more. I guess I'm thinking, I did good, I can have a little treat. All this is unconciously. Well, as you know, yesterday I was pleasantly surprised that I had lost when I expected to gain, so what did I do yesterday, I ate a whole package of girl scout cookies (1/2 of the box) OMG!!!! I am so upset with myself and, of course, I didn't weigh in today because I probably gained from all of that. I had to admit my failure and acknowledge it. I need to change this way of thinking and stop self-sabatoging myself. I can't wait until my fill and a fresh start to getting back on the horse.
Sorry for my rambling, I still feel really proud of myself, but I need to acknowledge my self-sabatoging ways, so I don't do the same thing today and bloging about it is like therapy to me.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


One thing people have to realize with the band is its not a diet . So when you dont eat "right" its not "Cheating" you just had a bad day and did not eat right. The thing that tends to happen is people think of the band as a diet, they eat something they think is not on the "diet" then they think OH SHIT I Blew it might as well eat something else that's bad for me and the sabotaging your talking about starts. If you start thinking of the band as the tool it is, a tool to help you lose the weight and most of all control your hunger it helps.
ReplyDeleteSo what you ate half a box of girl scout cookies, you know how many times i have eaten a whole row of oroes ? TONS GIRL !! But guess what ? You dont look at it as the whole DAY , week or month is blown now , you look at is as , that MINUTE you had a weakness, you gave into it so that you could get it out of your system and then move on . Eat something healthy , better for you the NEXT Time you eat, not the next day , not the next week the next TIME ! Also the same goes for when your losing , doing well. So many times people "reward themselves " with food. That's an old habit we all have to get out of. NOW I reward myself with clothes !
If you have lost weight go buy a new shirt !
Your doing awesome. It took me many months to get out of weighting daily , i do it once a week now to monitor myself, for me its a must . Blog, vent away that's what we are here for !
Your doing great !
Mindy
Well...now I dont even need to say anything bc Mindy said it so perfectly!
ReplyDelete