I think it's weird how some days, the band is tight and other day's it is not. I don't know if I have a really fickle band or what. After my last fill I've been getting full after a couple bites and really having to chew well, etc. Yesterday, I was so nervous because I had that luncheon and was worried about not being able to eat much and people noticing or worse, feeling stuck. We started with a salad and I ate 3/4 of the salad very slowly and all was fine. Then came the main course, a chicken breast, veggies and some potatoes. I ate tiny bites ever so slowly and finished about 1/2 my plate and all was good, not feeling over stuffed. Then came dessert a pudding parfait. I ate about 1/2 of that. So all in all it went great. I didn't' have that stuffed feeling, like I had been having and I kind of like that feeling. Later that day, I was hungry again, so I cheated on a bag of chips and some cereal. Dinner I had taco salad. I started to eat too fast and it hurt a bit, so I slowed down. I'm finding I don't stay full for a long time like I am supposed to. I don't know if that is my head or my band. I have a little trouble with that area. I crave salty snacks and then sweet snacks. I hope my band is a little tighter today. I like when it is tight.
I also fear getting another fill because it always seems like I really tighten up when my time of the month comes along and it's about a 2 week long thing. So maybe I just need to suck it up and be extra diligent and see how I do when it starts to tighten on me. I don't know, I'll give it a few more days and see how it feels. Sorry for going on about boring stuff.
I did make this great dessert last night that has to sit overnight, so I can eat it today. I don't even know what it's called, I found it online and it's band friendly and figure friendly. I'll take a picture of it before I eat it, though it's not much to look at. I'll tell you how to make it.
You layer a casserole dish with saltine crackers
put a layer of sugar-free chocolate pudding (any flavor will do)
then a layer of fat-free Cool Whip
another layer of saltine crackers
sugar-free pudding
fat-free Cool Whip
Refrigerate overnight and it's like cake to me. You can cut it into pieces and eat it with a fork. I think it is delicious.
Ok, stay tuned for a picture later...
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I hear ya on the band being fickle...and also about wondering if your hunger is in your head. For me, most of the time it is. But sometimes my stomach is actually growling and I am physically hungry. This happens for me a lot during the morning, but thats bc I eat yogurt for bfast and thats a slider food...so it wouldn't do much to keep me full. Maybe the salads didnt keep you full bc they are also a slider food?
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing the pic of the dessert!