Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday....

Ok, I guess I did over do it this weekend and the scale reminded me of it. Today is my weigh in day, but I don't even want to post my weight. I'm up 2 pounds. I'm going to post my weight and then if I go down throughout the week, I'm going to post a mid week post. I went up 2 pounds. I think all my brunch is still digesting and I made popcorn last night for the family while we enjoyed a movie. Latley, I'm finding popcorn goes down perfectly and I'm not feeling full quickly anymore like I used to. I can eat lots of it and I did. I had a super light dinner, and then gorged on popcorn. I did go on a long bike ride with my family yesterday. We take this great little trail near a river bottom. There is no traffic, so we can ride for miles with the kids and not worry about cars and stuff. We ride to a park and the kids played and ate ice cream and then we rode back. Probably 6 miles total. I feel good about that and I'm not too worried about my weight gain because I'm convinced it won't stick and hopefully will be down a bit tomorrow. I am, however, going to make it to the gym today. Need to get in that exercise and I want to get committed again and exercise regularly. I have been a total slacker the last few weeks.

I'm also really feeling restriction and when I pay attention to my stomach and not my head, I do get full rather quickly. It's also confusing because certain times I get full quick and other times it takes a little while. I guess that is just common for the band. I really need to get to know my limits and stop when it seems I should be full. I still think I need about .5 cc in my band and still plan to do it, but I can't help but wonder if I am close to the sweet spot or at the sweet spot and just expected it to be different than it is. I have had a few times where things get stuck and I run to the sick and kind of cough and make myself burp and it fixes it. Only one or two instances where it kind of comes up, but not violent vomit or anything. Nothing that would seem to make my band slip and it doesn't last long. I'm not the type of person who throws up often, not even when I drink too much. Others are puking when they drink too much, not me, I am just sick the next day and in bed all day with a headache. So, my point is, maybe I'm just not going to be the type of person who gets sick all the time and has to PB when I eat wrong. I get a little pain when I don't chew enough and after the first bite with pain, I usually am reminded to slow down and chew more, and I usually get full pretty quickly when I feel that pain.

Sorry for going on. These are just some random thoughts that have been going through my mind with the band and all. Maybe I am where I need to be, but just expected it to be different. Maybe I'm comparing my experience with others too much. All I know is I need to get serious with my eating and exercising and quit wasting time yo yoing back and forth with the same 27 pounds. I want to get to 30, then 35, then 40 and so on. I havn't come close to my goals yet. I was thinking I'd have lost 40 pounds by june, but I don't think that is going to happen. I need to get serious.

2 comments:

  1. I am where you are also. I do have restriction, and I feel it quite a bit...but I think I need a little more also. It's tough to say though bc our lapband doesnt come with a little user guide that spells out what the perfect restriction should feel like. I am going to ask my doc when I go in for my next fill some questions. I me, I know we are all different...but I thought when you had the perfect restriction you could still eat a little of everything (w/the exception of things that get stuck easy...ie bread), and that bc you couldnt eat very MUCH of it...you would lose weight. I am just asking for 2 pounds a week here. But it seems like for me to lose weight, I am not using my band to do that. I am making myself not eat bad, or making myself only eat one baby piece of chicken. My band isnt telling me anything in those cases.
    As for popcorn...my coworker had gastric and can and has always been able to eat a whole bag no problem. For some reason it seems to never feel us up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. They are still plus size/online only old navy...but the point is that they used to NOT fit and now they do.

    Why you have you not blogged since Monday ma'am?

    ReplyDelete